Everyone knows the best way to eat Nutella: straight from the jar. If you want to dress it up a little, you could certainly do worse than turn it into a pastry. These little beauties make a delightful accompaniment to afternoon tea, and I have an inkling they’d be alright for a nice treat breakfast or brunch too.
1 sheet puff pastry (defrosted if you buy the frozen stuff)
plenty of Nutella – I used about half of a small jar
handful hazelnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 220C and grease a baking tray.
2. Place the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Dot spoonfuls of Nutella around the surface and spread it evenly – be sure to leave a border around the edge to prevent it oozing out. Sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts on top.
3. Roll both of the long sides of the pastry rectangle towards the centre. Where they meet in the middle, brush the pastry with a little water and push gently to secure.
4. Use a sharp knife to cut slices about 2.5cm thick. Place them on the baking tray.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and delicious!