Following on from the gory Eyeball Pasta, here’s a more sophisticated and traditional Halloween dish. I love the sweetness of pumpkin, which is balanced here by the curry powder to give it that extra kick and warmth. This soup is so thick and tasty, it’s just the perfect match for autumn.
Easy Pumpkin Soup
Serves 5, slightly adapted from BBC GoodFood
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 kg pumpkin, peeled and cut into smallish chunks
1-2 tsp curry powder
700ml vegetable stock
6 tbsp Greek yoghurt
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently cook the onion for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the pumpkin and curry powder, toss well to coat everything and cook for 8 more minutes.
3. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes until the pumpkin is very soft. Season and allow to cool slightly, ready to go in the blender.
4. Blend the pumpkin mix with the Greek yoghurt until a thick, smooth soup is made. This will probably need to be done in batches.
5. Reheat gently and serve with some good brown bread.