Happy Easter! You don’t exactly need a recipe for these nests, but I couldn’t resist sharing them anyway – I remember making them when I was a child and absolutely loving both the cooking and the eating. They’re very easy to rustle up on this last day of the Easter festivities too. My holiday will continue for the rest of the week, and I am still enjoying it immensely, as much for the things I’m not doing as those I am: I’m not setting my alarm, or singing “A is for apple, a-a-apple”, or being coughed or sneezed on. I’m not teaching anyone anything, and it’s marvellous! On with the treats!
200g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
85g Shredded Wheat, crushed
Mini Eggs to decorate
1. Melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water.
2. Pour the chocolate over the Shredded Wheat in a bowl and stir to combine.
3. Spoon the chocolatey mixture into paper cupcake cases and press with the back of a spoon to create a little indent.
4. Press 3 Mini Eggs into the indent.
5. Chill in the fridge for about 2 hours until set.