I have been officially vegan (well, it’s not exactly “official” – there was no ceremony or induction, more’s the pity, and if there’s a secret handshake I am yet to learn it) for two and a half weeks now. So far it has all gone extremely smoothly, and in fact I was pleased to be eating so many vegetables and healthy dishes. And then this happened.
Oreo brownies. They are decadent in the extreme, and a gooey, delicious, irresistible treat. If you don’t want to develop diabetes, simply omit the Oreos and revel in the fact that you’ve actually made a slightly healthier choice.
250g plain flour
300g caster sugar
70g cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
100ml soya milk
230ml sunflower oil
140ml cold water
154g pack of Oreos, quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a shallow baking tin.
2. Put all the ingredients except for the Oreos into a large bowl.
3. Mix them together until evenly combined.
4. Add half of the Oreos and carefully stir them in.
5. Pour into the prepared tin.
6. Scatter the remaining Oreo pieces on the top and push them in slightly.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. Cool in the tin, then carefully turn out. Slice it up and tuck in!